Jonathan L. Flores is licensed to practice law in the states of California and Florida. Mr. Flores’ legal experience dates back to 2005, having worked for several law firms as both a paralegal and a law clerk. This has provided him with extensive experience in the areas of Immigration and Naturalization law. Mr. Flores represents business and corporate clients in all matters of employment-based immigration.
Mr. Flores graduated from the University of California at Los Angeles, where he majored in Political Science and Sociology. Mr. Flores received his Juris Doctorate degree from Southwestern Law School. During his tenure at Southwestern, Mr. Flores served as an executive board member for the Latino Law Student Association, and was the recipient of the John S. Schumacher Minority Leadership Scholarship.
Mr. Flores is fluent in Spanish.
AMERICAN IMMIGRATION LAWYERS ASSOCIATION (AILA)
- 2012 – Current Member
- June 2017 – Present: Member, AILA Distance Learning Committee
- June 2016 – June 2017: Member, AILA USCIS Service Center Operations Liaison Committee, California Service Center Subcommittee
- June 2016 – June 2017: Chair, Fundamentals and Special Sessions Track, AILA 2017 Annual Conference Planning Committee
- June 2015 – June 2016: Member, Fundamentals Track, AILA 2016 Annual Conference Planning Committee
- June 2014 -June 2015: Member, Business Track, AILA 2015 Annual Conference Planning Committee
- July 2013 – July 2014: Law Student Division Liaison, AILA Southern California Chapter
MEXICAN AMERICAN BAR ASSOCIATION (MABA)
- 2011 – Current Member
- “Laying a Solid Foundation for a Successful PERM Case” published in AILA’s 2016-2017 Edition of Navigating the Fundamentals of Immigration Law – Guidance and Tips for Successful Practice.
- “Mastering the Art of Translation: Translating “Real World” Job Requirements into PERM “Minimum Requirements”” published in AILA’s 2015-2016 Edition of PERM Labor Certification Survival Guide.
- “Beauty In the Eye of The Beholder: Visas for Design Professions” published in AILA’s 2014-2015 Edition of Immigration Practice Pointers – Tips for Handling Complex Cases.
- “BALCA Review” published in the Practising Law Institute’s 45th Annual Immigration & Naturalization Handbook, November 2012.
- Discussion Leader and Featured Speaker at the AILA 2017 Annual Conference seminar, “Labor Cert 102: Recruitment,” New Orleans, LA, June 23, 2017.
- Discussion Leader and Featured Speaker at the AILA 2016 Annual Conference seminar, “Laying a Solid Foundation for a Successful PERM Case,” Las Vegas, NV, June 25, 2016.
- Featured Speaker at the AILA 2015 Annual Conference seminar, “Nonimmigrant Visa Overview – Alphabet Soup Part II”, Washington DC, June 17, 2015.
- Discussion Leader and Featured Speaker at the AILA 2014 Annual Conference seminar, “Beauty In the Eye of The Beholder: Visas for Design Professions,” Boston, MA, June 21, 2014.