Lorna A. De Bono is admitted to practice law in the state of California and has been practicing business-related immigration law since 1999. Ms. De Bono practices solely in the areas of Immigration and Naturalization law, representing employers in administrative petitions and applications to the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, U.S. Departments of Labor and State, and U.S. Embassies and Consulates. Her key professional accomplishments include successful representation of companies and individuals in varied industries, including information technology, advertising, marketing, video game, finance, industrial, sports, and entertainment.
STATE BAR OF CALIFORNIA – admitted 1999
U.S. DISTRICT COURT (C.D. CALIFORNIA) – admitted 1999
U.S. COURT OF APPEAL (9th CIRCUIT) – admitted 1999
Professional, Business, & Civic Affiliations:
AMERICAN IMMIGRATION LAWYERS ASSOCIATION (AILA)
- 1999 – Current Member
- Chair, Business Track, 2016 Annual Conference Planning Committee
- July 2014 – Present: Member, AILA USCIS Service Center Operations Liaison Committee
- July 2013 – Present: Member, AILA Nebraska Service Center Liaison Committee (Chair, 2015-present)
- July 2013 – 2015: Member, AILA USCIS Ombudsman Service Center Liaison Committee
- July 2013 – Present: Co-Chair, AILA California Chapters Conference
- July 2012 – June 2013: Member, AILA Distance Learning Committee
- July 2011 – June 2013: Member, AILA California Service Center Liaison Committee
- July 2011 – June 2012: Immediate Past Chair, AILA Southern California Chapter
- July 2010 – July 2011: Chair, AILA Southern California Chapter.
- July 2009 – June 2010: Vice Chair, AILA Southern California Chapter.
- July 2008 – June 2009: Treasurer, AILA Southern California Chapter.
- July 2007 – June 2008: Secretary, AILA Southern California Chapter.
- 2006 – 2007: AILA Southern California Chapter Liaison to the California Employment Development Department, Labor Market Information Division
UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA LOS ANGELES
- J.D. 1999
- Bancroft Whitney American Jurisprudence Award – Immigration Law, 1997
- UCLAW Nancy J. Mintie Public Interest Award, 1999
- Phi Delta Phi Legal Fraternity
- “Preparing and Updating the H-1B Public Access File – Not as Simple as It Looks.” Immigration Practice Pointers 2014-15, American Immigration Law Association, June 2014.
- Co-Editor, 26th Annual AILA California Chapters Conference Handbook, American Immigration Law Association, November 2013.
- “Annotated Form ETA-9089.” Forms & Fundamentals 2012-2013, American Immigration Lawyers Association.
- “Success with L-1B’s in an Era of Increased USCIS Scrutiny” published in the Practising Law Institute’s 41st Annual Immigration & Naturalization Handbook, October 2008.
- “Success with L-1B’s in an Era of Increased USCIS Scrutiny” Bender’s Immigration Bulletin, Vol. 13, No. 18, September 15, 2008.
- “The New PERM Process” published in the Practising Law Institute’s 38th Annual Immigration & Naturalization Handbook, October 2005.
- “The Heat Wave is Coming – Preparing for H-1B Seasons and Alternatives”. AILA Southern California Chapter Annual Winter Conference, Palm Springs, CA, February 2015.
- “Preparing and Updating the H-1B Public Access File – Not as Simple as It Looks.” AILA National Annual Conference, Boston, MA, June 2014.
- “Completing Forms ETA-9141, ETA-9089, and I-140: A Practical Workshop.” AILA National Annual Conference, Nashville, TN, June 2012.
- “Immigration 101: An Intro to Immigration Practice.” Pincus Professional Education, Los Angeles, CA, March 2011.
- “Adjustment of Status vs. Consular Processing.” AILA Webinar, November 2009.
- “Green Card Basics: Do the Right Thing.” NAFSA Region XII Annual Conference, San Francisco, CA, November 2007.